At Calico Jack’s we inspect our equipment, cables and platforms daily. In addition, our guides have been expertly trained and are certified. All guides are trained by Original Canopy Tour (OCT) standards. This assures all tours will be conducted in a professional and safe manner. One guide will always be sending each guest and one guide will be receiving each guest on each platform. All guests and guides are connected on a safety line on each platform.
In case health issues arise, be reassured by the fact that all Calico Jack’s guides and staff are trained and certified in first aid, CPR, and rescue. Your guides will be responsible for all connecting and disconnecting of your equipment to the zip line cables. In comparison, braking, speed, and momentum on the zip line is controlled by each individual guest.
Calico Jack’s uses high quality equipment, including seat harnesses, carabiners, pulleys, and chest harnesses for larger people. In this regard, all of Calico Jack’s zip line equipment is guaranteed by its manufacturers as safe. This equipment is inspected daily before any tour is conducted. There is also a monthly inspection process that is carried out for further security on the equipment.
On the equipment, please note the following:
1.At Calico Jack’s, we feature the best—best made and most comfortable–zip line “seat” harnesses. A zip line seat harness supports 80% of the human body and the remaining 20% is supported by the zip line cable. Each harness can support 4000lbs.
2.A large person (one weighing over 250 lbs) requires a chest harness. At weights 250 lbs and above, a person can not control
their speed and momentum as easily. This may result in the person flipping over if they are wearing a sit harness. Flipping over is avoided by wearing a chest harness.